Ginger can be used fresh, dried, powdered, or as an oil or juice. It’s a very common ingredient in recipes. It’s sometimes added to processed foods and cosmetics. Ginger is commonly used for many types of nausea and vomiting. It's also used for menstrual cramps, osteoarthritis, diabetes, migraine headaches, and other conditions.
- May help with weight loss
- Can help with osteoarthritis
- Can help treat chronic indigestion
- Contains gingerol, which has powerful medicinal properties
- Can treat many forms of nausea, especially morning sickness
- May drastically lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors